Our Little Wicomico Oysters on a Half Shell make entertaining a breeze! Sold in quantities of 12 or 18, our pre-shucked oysters on a half shell arrive frozen and ready for fixings (no need to thaw!). Top with your favorite topping, bake or grill, and prepare to wow your crowd.
This oyster recipe features garlic and parsley compound butter for a super simple but oh-so-flavorful and beautiful dish. We used our frozen oysters here, but you can use any of our fresh-caught oysters to make this tasty treat.
Grilled Oysters with Garlic and Butter
- 12 Little Wicomico frozen oysters on a half shell (or any of our fresh oysters)
- Four tablespoons softened butter at room temperature
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Two tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Smoked Paprika
- Coarse sea salt for plating (optional)
- Combine the butter, garlic, parsley and stir with a spoon until evenly blended
- Spoon a dollop of the butter compound onto each of the frozen half shells, sprinkle with a bit of smoked paprika (great for color and subtle smokey taste)
- Cook on grill for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked throughout (if using fresh oysters, the time will be a bit shorter)
- Plate from and enjoy! (we like to plate on coarse sea salt to keep the oysters from sliding and tipping all the buttery goodness out)
Yep, that’s it (yes, really!). We love seeing your yummy creations – share a picture of your Little Wicomico Oysters on Instagram and tag @lwoysters #lwoysters